Iowa Wrestling recruit Zach Glazier has been named The Open Mat (TOM) Wrestler of the Week. Glazier had an impressive run in capturing the 182 lbs. title at the Minnesota Christmas Tournament in Rochester, MN this past weekend. Glazier stormed to the finals with two falls and two tech falls. In the finals, Glazier defeated #1 ranked Cade King of Owatonna, 3-2. Glazier is currently ranked behind King at #2 at 182 in Minnesota 3A.
After competing at 195 and 220 earlier in the season, Glazier made the move to 182 this past weekend. Glazier is now 13-0 for the season with bonus points is 12 of those matches. Glazier committed to the Hawks on June 27 and is a member of the Iowa Wrestling Recruiting Class of 2019.
Glazier is the second incoming Iowa Wrestling recruit to be named as the TOM Wrestler of the Week. Jesse Ybarra of Tucson, AZ (Sunnyside HS) also received the honor on October 22.
It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.
Zach Glazier – Albert Lea, MN (Albert Lea Area HS) 182 lbs.
Friday and Saturday, December 14-15: Minnesota Christmas Tournament, Rochester, MN
- Champ. Round 1 – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) received a bye () (Bye)
- Champ. Round 2 – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) won by fall over Rufino SotoVanCamp (Hortonville) 3-5 (Fall 1:22)
- Champ. Round 3 – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) won by fall over Billy Trees (Prior Lake) 4-7 (Fall 3:38)
- Quarterfinal – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) won by tech fall over Josh Piechowski (Stillwater) 11-4 (TF-1.5 5:23 (25-10))
- Semifinal – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) won by tech fall over Colton Krell (Westfield) 9-2 (TF-1.5 5:24 (19-4))
- 1st Place Match – Zach Glazier (Albert Lea) 13-0 won by decision over Cade King (Owatonna) 12-1 (Dec 3-2)